Skip to main content

Residential Care

Link to Where to Live? Wiki

Residential care is a housing option,  if you are assessed as needing care and support, but this option is only available if you have the highest level of needs.  Or if you or your family can afford to pay for it.

Residential care homes vary in size but provide a safe, secure setting with 24 hour staffing support. People who live in residential care usually have their own bedrooms but may share some other rooms like the living room.

There is information about care homes on the Wandsworth Council website. There is further information on the CarePlace directory.

Finding suitable residential care near to London is not easy, so you and your family will need to balance your needs and how close to home you would like to be.

The NHS Choices website can help you to find care homes. 

Can't find what you are looking for? 

You can call or email THRIVE Wandsworth

If you would prefer to meet someone to talk, with an interpreter or signer if you need one, please contact THRIVE Wandsworth to make an appointment at the Town Hall.

We can see people who drop in to the Customer Centre at the Town Hall, but only if a Disability Information Officer is available