From Tuesday 5th January 2021 the UK is in a national lockdown.
You must stay at home. The single most important action we can all take is to stay at home to protect the NHS and save lives.
You should follow this guidance immediately. The law will be updated to reflect these new rules.
You may leave your home to do the following:
- shop for basic necessities, for you or a vulnerable person
- go to work, but only if you cannot work from home
- exercise once per day, with your household (or support bubble) or just you and one other person - don't leave your area
- meet your support bubble or childcare bubble
- seek medical assistance, avoid illnesd, injury or domestic abuse
- attend education or childcare - if you are eligible
Please find more information about what you can and cannot do during lockdown here:
You must also continue to adhere to: Hands. Face. Space.
This means you should:
- wash your hands regularly
- wear a face covering when in an enclosed space
- stay at least 2 metres apart from other people (or 1 metre if using a face covering or with other preventative measures in place) to create space
- Wash your hands, often, for 20 seconds
- Don't touch your eyes, nose or mouth with unclean hands
- Sneeze and cough into a tissue and bin it immediately, then wash your hands
- Self isolate yourself and your family if you get any symptoms (see here for guidance on how long you should isolate for)
- Keep in contact with friends and relatives either by phone, message, or video messaging if possible. It is important to make sure your own, and others', mental health and wellbeing is looked after as much as possible during these times.
The Government have launched a service to find out what kind of support is available if you have been affected by coronavirus:
The Government have also launched a Coronavirus Information Service on WhatsApp:
Simply save 07860 064 422 in your contacts, then send it a message with the word 'hi'
Please keep up to date with the latest coronavirus advice from Public Health England:
Gov.uk also have advice and guidance: