Skip to main content

Concerned about your child aged 0-8?

If you are worried that your baby or child is not making the progress you think they should, then what should you do?

  1. Speak to your GP (doctor), midwife (for new borns), named health visitor at your local clinic, school nurse or the Specialist Health Visitor at the Early Years and Intervention Support Service
  2. If they cannot help you themselves, they can refer your child to a children's centre, specialist clinic, therapist, nurse or doctor for further assessment.
  3. If you think your child has complex needs or a specific disability,you can contact the Early Years and Intervention Support Service. .  The EYISS has a team of professionals with a range of experience in assessing children from 0-8 years. 
  4. If you have concerns about your child's learning, physical or social, emotional and behavioural development, your GP, nursery/school, hospital or the Early Years and Intervention Support Service. can refer you to the Schools and Community Psychology Service (SCPS). 
  5. If you are worried about your child's mental health, then you can ask your GP to refer your child to the ACCESS Child and Youth Mental Health Service, you can also contact them direct.

Can’t find what you are looking for? Contact us:
020 8871 7899