Skip to main content Live Chat

Higher Education

Choosing the right higher education is important to every young person.  When a young person has a special educational need and/or disability (SEND) their choice is sometimes even more complicated.

Universities support students with a range of special educational needs and disabilities.  We can't list all the universities here, so when you are looking at courses and universities, you should look for their information about "Learning Support".  For example,  Plymouth University has a very helpful section on their website called "Learning Support, Health and Wellbeing".

If you are considering applying to university and have SEND, you may need to provide evidence of your needs.  This is usually a report written by a specialist, since you were 16, setting out what support you need.  Universities ask for this at different stages of your application, so it is useful to have a recent report available.

You may also be eligible for Disabled Students' Allowances which can help with the extra costs of being a student with SENDs.