Wandsworth Council wants to ensure that in the first five years of a child’s life they will have:
- A healthy start
- Early Intervention
- Emotional wellbeing
- High aspirations and high achievement
- Good relationships
- Communication and developing language and literacy
- Readiness for school
Early Years Services in Wandsworth are made up of a range of partners, who are supported by the Early Years and Intervention Support Service, they include:
- Around 300 registered Childminders providing early education childcare to young children in their homes. To contact childminders please use the Childminding Brokerage Service.
- Around 130 private, voluntary and independent group settings caring for children in registered premises and often providing free nursery education
- 14 Children’s Centres placed strategically around the borough to provide a range of services to support children aged 0-5 and their families
- The borough’s maintained schools and academies with nursery and reception classes
- Health visitors, family support services, therapy services and other council services where they work with under 5s.
On the following pages you will be able to find out what services are available in your local area, how to contact them and what they can offer for a parent, baby and child.