Information Advice and Support Services Network (IASS)
The Information, Advice and Support Services Network (IASS Network) provide training and support to local Information Advice and Support (IAS) Services across England. The IASS Network was previously known as the National Parent Partnership Network (NPPN), who undertook a similar role with local Parent Partnership Services. The IASS Network is funded to provide this support by the Department for Education (DfE).
What does the IASS Network do?
- Provides a range of information, advice and support to IAS Services.
- Promotes the development and standards of IAS Services.
- Provides training to IAS Services on relevant subjects including the law on SEN and disability, health and social care (with IPSEA).
- Promotes service impartiality and arrangements that ensure IAS Services are operating at arm’s length from their local authority.
- Provides a national picture of the work of IAS Services through the annual ‘Benchmarking’ report.
- Promotes dialogue and collaboration between IAS Services and other partners.
- Engages strategically with DfE on key issues arising for IAS Services.
- Supports an e-forum for all IAS Services through which relevant information can be sent and discussed.
- Works with the National Network of Parent Carer Forums to improve the working relationships between IAS Services and parent carer forums.
- Facilitates the SEN Information Group - a network of organisations that provide direct advice and support to families of children with SEND.
The IASS Network provides support and information to IAS Services. They do not provide any direct support and advice to children, young people or parents. If you wish to speak to your local IAS Service you can find their details here.
Who to contact
Where to go
8, Wakley Street
- EC1V 7QE
- Get directions