The Marmalade Caterpillar
The Marmalade Caterpillar is a nursery school for children from the ages of 2-5 years. It is situated in Balham.
They aim to provide a broad and balanced curriculum to all children. The school uses both Montessori and traditional methods. Peripatetic teachers visit to give music, French and ballet lessons. They celebrate festivals and important religious events. Staff are well qualified and extremely professional providing a very safe environment for all the children. They were judged outstanding by Ofsted on their last inspection.
Please contact the Marmalade Schools for further information or to arrange a visit.
Who to contact
Where to go
St. Judes Church
- SW12 8EG
- Get directions
Buses: 155, 249 and 355 Underground:Balham Overground: Balham
- £1680 for five morning sessions, £1550 for five afternoon sessions, £1100 for three afternoon sessions. Morning session can be extended at £325 per term.
- Age Ranges
- From 2 years to 4 years 11 months
- Has Provision
- These areas are wheelchair accessible: main entrance, eating facilities, changing facilities, toilets and play facilities.
- Experience with
- Staff are confident and have experience with: behaviour management, administering medication, toilet assistance, epipens, feeding difficulties, epilepsy medication and signing/Makaton. Please contact us to discuss other needs
- Caters for halal, kosher, vegan, vegetarian, diabetic meals and allergies. Children bring their own packed lunch. Nut-free zone. Snacks only: milk, water, fruit, vegetables, cheese cucumber.
- Welcomes children from all backgrounds. Activities reflect wide ranging cultures. Cultures are reflected in toys, books & images. Relationships with parents are developed respecting belief systems.
- 3 & 4 year old funding
Opening Times & Facilities
- Opening Times
Opening Times Day Opening Time Closing Time Monday - Friday 8:45am 4:00pm
Songs and rhymes
Arts and crafts
Visits and outings
Rough and tumble
Play equipment indoor and outdoor
Sand and water play
Toys for children with visual impairments
Toys for children with physical limitations
large open plan space
Toys for children with hearing impairments
Kitchen and cooking
Toys for children with developmental disabilities
- Offers pickups
- Ofsted URN
- Link to latest ofsted inspection report
- Inspection history
Inspection History Inspection Date Inspection type Inspection Outcome 15/01/2020 Inspection (Early Years Register) Outstanding