Child Maintenance Options
Child Maintenance Options is a free service that provides impartial information and support to help separated parents make decisions about their child maintenance arrangements.
This impartial information and support service for parents aims to:
- ensure that parents living apart understand their responsibilities,
- take appropriate action to provide financially for their children and
- do it in way best suited to their circumstances.
This can be:
- if they are separating from the other parent or are not living with them and need to set up a child maintenance arrangement
- if they are thinking of switching from a private agreement to an arrangement using the Child Support Agency (CSA), or the other way round
- if the existing child maintenance arrangement has broken down or is not working as they would like it to.
This service also offers practical information in areas linked to child maintenance, such as housing, employment and money. And they can put you in touch with specialist organisations that can provide further help and advice.
Who to contact
- 0800 988 0988
Last updated: 11 Sep 2018