Home Education in Wandsworth
Elective home education (EHE) or 'home schooling' is where parents, guardians or carers decide to provide education for their children at home instead of sending them to school.
There are a variety of reasons why parents might decide to home educate their children. These may include:
- Distance or access to a local school
- Religious or cultural beliefs
- Philosophical or ideological views
- Dissatisfaction with the system
- As a short term intervention for a particular reason
- A child’s unwillingness or inability to go to school.
If you decide to take your child out of school, you need to tell the head-teacher. You do not need to inform the local authority unless you are taking your child out of a special school.
There are several sources of information and support available if you are thinking about home schooling, listed below.
Who to contact
Where to go
- Education Welfare Service
Wandsworth High Street
- SW18 2PU
- Get directions
Last updated: 25 Sep 2018