Remark! Living are a deaf-led organisation who work with deaf British Sign Language (BSL) users who may require some extra support.
They provide the following services:
- specialist support (mental health, physical disability) to encourage people to remain in their own homes
- youth mentoring for teenagers who would benefit from positive deaf role models
- support to help older people remain at home
- advocacy (appointments, telephone calls, etc.)
How do they do this?
- all of their support workers are deaf native British Sign Language users
- by using advocacy techniques to empower a deaf person’s decision-making
- by believing it takes hard work and patience, with consistent support to make a life-changing impact
- by unlocking opportunities to other social activities undertaken by Remark! Community and other voluntary groups
For more information and to make a referral, please use the contact details below.
Who to contact
Where to go
Remark Ltd, 18
- EC1N 7SU
- Get directions