Melrose House Nursery School
Melrose House Nursery Schools cater for children from the ages of 2-4 years old. Children attend five mornings a week, and have the option to attend two or three afternoons per week. The school year is divided into three terms with a half term break. They are open from 9:15am - 12:15pm plus three afternoons until 3:15pm (Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday).
Melrose House Nursery Schools are two family run establishments located in quiet residential streets of Southfields and Fulham. Both nursery schools are in privately owned houses with specially designed bright classrooms and their own child-friendly gardens.
Each day a range of activities is covered to enhance the intellectual, physical and social development of each child. Melrose House follows the Early Years Foundation Stage which is organised into seven areas of learning:
Personal Social and Emotional Development; Communication and Language; Physical Development; Literacy; Mathematics; Understanding the World; Expressive Arts and Design.
Please see the website for further information.
Who to contact
Where to go
- Melrose House Nursery School
39, Melrose Road
- SW18 1LX
- Get directions
Buses: 39 170 and 493 Underground: Southfields and East Putney
- Age Ranges
- From 2 years 2 months to 5 years
- Has Provision
- These areas are wheelchair accessible: main entrance, eating facilities, play facilities.
- Experience with
- Speech Impairment
- Staff are confident and have experience with administering medication, Please contact us to discuss other needs.
- Caters for vegan, vegetarian, diabetic meals, allergies. Snacks only - fruit, vegetables, milk, water. Children bring a packed lunch.
- Welcomes children from all backgrounds. Activities reflect wide ranging cultures. Cultures are reflected in toys, books and images. Relationships with parents are developed respecting belief systems.
- 3 & 4 year old funding
Opening Times & Facilities
- Opening Times
Opening Times Day Opening Time Closing Time Monday - Friday 9:15am 12:15pm
Arts and crafts
Kitchen and cooking
Visits and outings
A large range of age appropriate toys and activities
- Ofsted URN
- Link to latest ofsted inspection report
- Inspection history
Inspection History Inspection Date Inspection type Inspection Outcome 02/12/2008 Inspection (Early Years Register) Good 14/11/2014 Inspection (Early Years Register) Outstanding 12/03/2020 Inspection (Early Years Register) Good