Sparkies Nursery School
Sparkies is a nursery school for children aged two years to rising five, registered by Ofsted . We are based in St Luke’s Community Hall, Ramsden Road in Balham.
Sparkies occupies the main hall on the ground floor and have access to a large, enclosed garden space. They follow the Ofsted standards and employ Early Years Foundation Stage as guidance, but they also like to be slightly spontaneous in their approach to learning. This may involve exploring nature, discussing the weather, the use of specialised books, simple science experiments or supervised outings to local places of interest.
Please contact Sparkies for more information.
Who to contact
Where to go
- St. Lukes
St. Lukes Church Hall, 194
- SW12 8RQ
- Get directions
Underground - Clapham South Buses - G1 / 319
- We offer , 3, 4, 5 sessions each week please e.mail or call nursery for costs . We run for 38 weeks of the academic year Each session duration is 3 hours and 30 minutes per day. Additional lunch sessions at additional costs: Tuesday and Wednesday 12.30pm - 2.30pm
- Age Ranges
- From 2 years to 4 years 11 months
- Has Provision
- Areas that are wheelchair accessible include: main entrance, eating facilities, changing facilities, toilets and play facilities.
- Experience with
Speech and Language
- Staff are confident and have experience with: children with developmental difficulty, administering medication and toilet assistance. Setting has a Written Special Needs policy.Please contact setting to discuss other needs.
- Setting caters for food allergies and cultural preferences. Please contact setting to discuss other specific dietary requirements.
- Welcomes children from all backgrounds. Activities reflect wide ranging cultures. Cultures are reflected in toys, books and images. Relationships with parents are developed respecting belief systems.
- 3 & 4 year old funding
Opening Times & Facilities
- Opening Times
Opening Times Day Opening Time Closing Time Monday - Friday 9:00am 12:30pm
Songs and rhymes
Arts and crafts
Sand and water play
Visits and outings
Toys for children with visual impairments
Kitchen and cooking
- Ofsted URN
- Search for latest inspection report at Ofsted
- Inspection history
Inspection History Inspection Date Inspection type Inspection Outcome 07/02/2007 Integrated Satisfactory 07/10/2010 Inspection (Early Years Register) Good 07/01/2016 Inspection (Early Years Register) Good 28/02/2019 Inspection (Early Years Register) Outstanding