Dyscalculia and Maths Difficulties
This free session from the Literacy and Numeracy Support Service (L&NSS), is about how to support your child in Maths, focussing on basic maths skills. It is predominantly aimed at the parents and carers of children with Dyslexia, but the strategies can be used by any parent or carer.
Find out about Dyscalculia and other Maths difficulties
- Discuss the difficulties your child has
- Hear about practical ways to support your child at home
- Learn about multi-sensory methods that help children to remember
- Take away games and other resources to use at home
- Exchange ideas with other parents/carers.
- Talk to local authority specialists.
The Literacy and Numeracy Support Service "L&NSS" organises sessions for parents about identifying and supporting literacy and numeracy difficulties . These are usually held termly and are advertised through schools and the council website.
Who to contact
Where to go
- Wandsworth Professional Development Centre
3rd Floor, Building 1 Burntwood School
- SW17 0AQ
- Get directions
Time / Date Details
- When is it on
- Monday 4 May 2020 9.30 - 12.00
- Time of day
- Free, but please book in advance to secure your place. Only two family members can attend-children should not attend.
- Age Ranges
- 4 - 18 years
- Other notes
Complaints: Any complaints, concerns or compliments about the teaching support or the quality of the service should be made first to the individual specialist literacy or numeracy teacher already working in the school. Any complaints that cannot be resolved in this way should be directed to: - Janet Goring (Manager of the Literacy & Numeracy Support Service) Wandsworth Borough Council, Literacy and Numeracy Support Service, Education Inclusion Services, 7th Floor, Town Hall Extension, London, SW18 2PU Tel: 020 8871 6815 E-mail: email@example.com Any clients who consider that they have not had an adequate response from the manager of the Literacy & Numeracy Support Service should contact: - Andy Hough(Head of Education Inclusion Service) Wandsworth Borough Council, Literacy and Numeracy Support Service, Education Inclusion Services, 7th Floor, Town Hall Extension, London, SW18 2PU 020 8871 8856 E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
To use this service please call or email to book your free place.
Last updated: 10 Feb 2020