Contact - Wandsworth
We are Contact, the charity for families with disabled children. We understand that life with a disabled child brings unique challenges, and we exist to help families feel valued, supported, confident and informed.
To make that happen, we work in three closely linked ways;
- We support families with the best possible guidance and information.
- We bring families together in local groups and online, to support each other by sharing experiences and advice.
- And we help families to campaign, volunteer, fundraise and shape local services to improve life for themselves and others.
Support we offer: Families can register themselves or a professional can refer you to us.
- Family Workers are available for families who have children aged 0-19 years to support with any matter regarding their disabled child.
- Support with Benefits applications– Disability Living Allowance, Personal Independence Payments, Carer’s Allowance, Child Tax Credits
- Funding applications – helping families apply for grants to help with much needed items
- Drop ins across the borough
- Monthly Coffee Morning at Southside
- WAND card applications
- Blue Badge applications
- Cygnet and CATS – 7 week Autism courses for parents and
- 123 Magic - 3 week ADHD course for parents
- Referrals and signposting to other services
- Joint working with Children’s Centres, schools, health professionals, education professionals and Early Years services regarding a range of issues including school visits and TAC meetings
- Access to information about the diagnosis through: emotional support, understanding and an extensive medical directory on our website www.contact.org.uk/medical-information/
- Workshops for families on a range of topics: Toilet Training, Puberty, Benefits and (Personal Independence Payments) PIP, Understanding Behaviour, Social Stories and What is the Autism Diagnosis
- Holiday trips and events for families
- Monthly Newsletter and regularly updated Facebook page www.facebook.com/contactinwandsworth
- Family Linking
- Information about what is available to support your family in Wandsworth
Access to our specialist education & benefits helpline 0on 808 808 3555 and visit: www.contact.org.uk
Contact’s Helpful Guide and Parent Guides on a range of topics
Training for professionals on a range of topics.
Who to contact
- 020 8947 5260
- Contact's Wandsworth Office information on Contact's website
Where to go
- Early Years Centre
1, Siward Road
- SW17 0LA
- Get directions
Time / Date Details
- When is it on
- Monday - Friday: 9am - 5pm
- Age Ranges
- From 0 to 25 years
- Referral Details
Parents can self-refer or get a professional to do it for them – just call.
- Other notes
Complaints, compliments or suggestions about this service should be directed to the manager in the first instance.
Parents and carers can contact this service themselves or ask a professional, such as a health visitor, or social worker to help them. In order to become a member you will need to complete a membership form.
Meetings with parents can be arranged at the Contact offices around the borough or in parents' own homes - whichever is more convenient.
- Local Offer Age Bands
Transitions to Adulthood (16+)
Secondary (11-16 years)
Primary (4-10 years)
Early Years (0-4 years)
Last updated: 15 Jan 2020