I have been a Registered Childminder since 2004, I am a qualified (adult) nurse and a qualified dental surgery assistant. I have attended various childcare training courses with Wandsworth Early Years and have a Level 3 Diploma in Home-Based Childcare, as well as a current Paediatric First Aid certificate. I am a member of the Professional Association for Childcare & Early Years (PACEY) & am currently completing some of their online training courses.
Prior to full-time childminding, I worked at a local primary school as a lunchtime supervisor and also volunteered there helping with reading and classroom activities and school trips & with Beaver Scout trips.
My son is at University and is occasionally at home when I'm working. We have one cat. I like to look after one or two children (under 4 years) at a time (although can have more older children), therefore I am able to offer more individualised care than in a larger group of children. We can go to Richmond Park/Kew Gardens/Museums/Marble Hill (these are possible if there are no children to collect from school that day, as they involve quite a bit of travelling on public transport). We also visit the Wetlands Centre at Barnes, & Bishops Park Playground, Fulham & Leader's Gardens Playground, Putney, Eddie Catz soft play centre in Putney High Street and Busy Bugs at Putney Leisure Centre (parents pay their child's entry fee for these), and Putney and East Sheen Libraries.
The living room of the house is the main play area which is also used for naps (I have a travel cot for a baby and a rest bed for toddlers - parents can provide their own bedding if they wish). I have a small garden & am able to offer the following activities there:- sand and water play, gardening, learning about wildlife and painting/drawing, & meals outside when the weather is good enough; We go to Putney Common for outdoor play, nature walks etc. Indoor play includes: arts and crafts, cooking, construction and dressing up, small world play and a vast array of books.
I am also able to look after nursery/pre school/primary school age children before and after school & during the school holidays. I offer full/part time and/or occasional childcare. The hourly fee includes healthy snacks, breakfast (if required), light lunch (sandwich or beans/egg on toast plus yoghurt & fruit) or parents can provide a packed lunch/food to be cooked instead. A snack can be provided at tea time or parents can provide food to be cooked/heated up instead.
I offer a friendly, flexible childcare service where each child is made to feel welcome in a homely enviroment. This relies on a mutually open and respectful relationship between myself and the parents. Current parents have described me as "friendly" and "patient" and "completely reliable". I have written references & current parents are happy to give up-to-date references via phone/email.
I ask parents to complete a short-term contract for the first 4 weeks and then if we're all happy then a longer-term contract. I offer contracts on a term-time basis which can include the school half term holiday weeks in February, May and October and possibly some time during the long Summer holiday. I take the two weeks at Easter and Christmas off for my holiday plus several weeks during the Summer. I also ask parents to complete a Child Record Form plus various permission forms (which they can choose not to agree to). I ask parents to read and sign my Policies and Procedures as well. I do hope you will consider my childminding business for your childcare needs.
Who to contact
- Contact Name
- Contact Position
- Registered Childminder
020 8785 4743
07745 000 562
Where to go
Bus Routes 337, 430, and 22.
Parking on street, pay and display from 9:30am to 4:30pm.
Approximately half way between Putney and Barnes stations.
- Table of costs
Table of costs Amount Cost Type £8.50 (or £6.00 for each sibling when cared for together) Per hour £10.00 for before 0700 & after 1800 & occasional Saturdays (£7.50 per hour for each sibling when cared for together)
- The hourly rate includes breakfast (if required), light lunch & snacks. Evening meals other than a snack are not provided but if parents provide the food I am happy to cook it/heat it up.
- Other notes
I am in West Putney near the Upper Richmond Road, on the 430 and 337 bus routes.
There is pay and display parking in my road 0930 - 1630.
- Has Provision
- These areas are wheelchair accessible: main entrance, eating facilities and play facilities. Setting has narrow doors and/or corridors Areas can be accessible by ramp.
- Has Provision
- Experience with
- Have attended workshops on caring for children with physical disabilities and autism.I have also attended training on behaviour management.
- Has Provision
- Included in the hourly rate are breakfast (if required), light lunch (or children can bring their own), snacks. Parents are asked to provide food to be cooked/heated up if an evening meal is required or a snack can be offered. Parents are welcome to discuss any dietary requirements their child may have.
- Has Provision
- I welcome children from all backgrounds. Activities reflect wide ranging cultures. Cultures are reflected in toys, books and images. Relationships with parents are developed respecting belief systems.
- Immediate vacancies
- I have one part-time place for a 3+ year old. I can also provide before and after nursery/school care for All Saints School, Putney. Other schools may be considered if possible. I am looking to fill the vacancy on a term time basis, however, some childcare could be arranged separately for the Summer school holiday and may be possible for some of the other school holidays. Please email/phone/text me with the days/hours you require to check my availability, thankyou.
- Date updated
- 3 & 4 year old funding
- 2 year old funding
Additional 15 Hours (30 Hour Offer)
- 3- and 4-year-old
Opening Times & Facilities
Songs and rhymes
Arts and crafts
Toys for Children w Visual Impairments
Toys for Children w Physical Limitations
Toys for Children w Hearing Impairments
close to recreational facilities
Little people sets
Cooking and baking
TV and DVD
Visits to the park
Visits and outings
Sand and water play
OFSTED report obtained
A large range of age appropriate toys and activities
- Offers pickups
- All Saints' CofE Primary School, Putney
- I currently take/collect from All Saints' Tuesday & Thursday. I can also take/collect from All Saints' Nursery. I can only take/collect from one school on these days as their start/close times do not allow to take/collect from more than one at a time. However, other schools on other days may be considered ie Oasis.
- Ofsted URN
- Link to latest ofsted inspection report
- Inspection history
Inspection History Inspection Date Inspection type Inspection Outcome 09/05/2005 Care Satisfactory 25/02/2009 Inspection (Early Years Register) Good 16/10/2015 Inspection (Early Years Register) Good 27/02/2018 Inspection (Early Years Register) Met
Last updated: 08 Oct 2018