I have been a Registered Childminder since 2004, I am a qualified (adult) nurse and a qualified dental surgery assistant. I have attended various childcare training courses with Wandsworth Early Years and have a Level 3 Diploma in Home-Based Childcare, as well as a current Paediatric First Aid certificate. I am a member of the Professional Association for Childcare & Early Years (PACEY) and do online training courses with them.
Prior to full-time childminding, I worked at a local primary school as a lunchtime supervisor and also volunteered there helping with reading and classroom activities and school trips & with Beaver Scout trips.
I have an elderly cat, all children are taught to be kind and gentle around her. I like to look after one or two children (under 4 years) at a time (although can have more older children), therefore I am able to offer more individualised care than in a larger group of children. We can go to Richmond Park/Kew Gardens/Museums (these are possible if there are no children to collect from school that day, as they involve quite a bit of travelling on public transport). We also visit the Wetlands Centre at Barnes, & Bishops Park Playground, Fulham & Leader's Gardens Playground, Putney, and Putney Library.
The living room of the house is the main play area which is also used for naps (I have a travel cot for a baby and a rest bed for toddlers - parents can provide their own bedding if they wish). I have a small garden & am able to offer the following activities there:- sand and water play, gardening, learning about wildlife and painting/drawing, & meals outside when the weather is good enough; We go to Putney Common for outdoor play, nature walks etc. Indoor play includes: arts and crafts, cooking, construction and dressing up, small world play and a vast array of books.
I am also able to look after nursery/pre school/primary school age children before and after school & during the school holidays. I offer full/part time and/or occasional childcare. The hourly fee includes healthy snacks, breakfast (if required), light lunch (sandwich or beans/egg on toast plus yoghurt & fruit) or parents can provide a packed lunch/food to be cooked instead. A snack can be provided at tea time or parents can provide food to be cooked/heated up instead.
I offer a friendly, flexible childcare service where each child is made to feel welcome in a homely enviroment. This relies on a mutually open and respectful relationship between myself and the parents. Current parents have described me as "friendly" and "patient" and "completely reliable". I have written references & current parents are happy to give up-to-date references via phone/email.
I ask parents to complete a short-term contract for the first 4 weeks and then if we're all happy then a longer-term contract. I offer contracts on a term-time basis which can include the school half term holiday weeks in February, May and October and possibly some time during the long Summer holiday. I take the two weeks at Easter and Christmas off for my holiday plus several weeks during the Summer. I also ask parents to complete a Child Record Form plus various permission forms (which they can choose not to agree to). I ask parents to read and sign my Policies and Procedures as well. I do hope you will consider my childminding business for your childcare needs.
Who to contact
- Contact Name
- Contact Position
- Registered Childminder
020 8785 4743
07745 000 562
Where to go
Bus Routes 337, 430, and 22.
Parking on street, pay and display from 9:30am to 4:30pm.
Approximately half way between Putney and Barnes stations.
- Table of costs
Table of costs Amount Cost Type £8.50 (or £6.00 for each sibling when cared for together) Per hour £10.00 for before 0700 & after 1800 & occasional Saturdays (£7.50 per hour for each sibling when cared for together) Per hour
- The hourly rate includes breakfast (if required), light lunch & snacks. Evening meals other than a snack are not provided but if parents provide the food I am happy to cook it/heat it up.
- Other notes
I am in West Putney near the Upper Richmond Road, on the 430 and 337 bus routes.
There is pay and display parking in my road 0930 - 1630.
- Has Provision
- These areas are wheelchair accessible: main entrance, eating facilities and play facilities. Setting has narrow doors and/or corridors Areas can be accessible by ramp.
- Has Provision
- Experience with
- Have attended workshops on caring for children with physical disabilities and autism.I have also attended training on behaviour management.
- Has Provision
- Included in the hourly rate are breakfast (if required), light lunch (or children can bring their own), snacks. Parents are asked to provide food to be cooked/heated up if an evening meal is required or a snack can be offered. Parents are welcome to discuss any dietary requirements their child may have.
- Has Provision
- I welcome children from all backgrounds. Activities reflect wide ranging cultures. Cultures are reflected in toys, books and images. Relationships with parents are developed respecting belief systems.
- Immediate vacancies
- Part time vacancy for a pre school age child. Vacancy for a school age children.
- Date updated
- 3 & 4 year old funding
- 2 year old funding
Additional 15 Hours (30 Hour Offer)
- 3- and 4-year-old
Opening Times & Facilities
Songs and rhymes
Arts and crafts
Toys for Children w Visual Impairments
Toys for Children w Physical Limitations
Toys for Children w Hearing Impairments
close to recreational facilities
Little people sets
Cooking and baking
TV and DVD
Visits to the park
Visits and outings
Sand and water play
OFSTED report obtained
A large range of age appropriate toys and activities
- Offers pickups
- All Saints' CofE Primary School, Putney
- I currently take/collect from All Saints' Tuesday & Thursday. I can also take/collect from All Saints' Nursery. I can only take/collect from one school on these days as their start/close times do not allow to take/collect from more than one at a time. However, other schools on other days may be considered ie Oasis.
- Ofsted URN
- Link to latest ofsted inspection report
- Inspection history
Inspection History Inspection Date Inspection type Inspection Outcome 09/05/2005 Care Satisfactory 25/02/2009 Inspection (Early Years Register) Good 16/10/2015 Inspection (Early Years Register) Good 27/02/2018 Inspection (Early Years Register) Met
Last updated: 12 Mar 2020