Speech and Language Therapy - Training for Professionals
Training is available to professionals working with children and young people in Lambeth, Southwark and the surrounding areas.
- Identifying and supporting speech, language and communication needs (SLCN)
- An introduction to social, emotional and mental health difficulties
- An introduction to working with children with ASD (Early Years and over 5s)
- Autism spectrum disorders in girls
- Using visuals to support communication
- An introduction to Lego therapy
- Picture Exchange Communication System (PECS) awareness and accredited talking mats
- Makaton foundation workshop for professionals
- Makaton drop in sessions (no booking required)
- How to run targeted groups in schools
- An introduction for SENCOs working with the GSTT SLT service
- Supporting children with speech sound difficulties in the classroom
- How to support social communications and using comic strip conversations
- Supporting children with behavioural feeding difficulties
- Managing infant feeding in the community for speech and language therapists (accredited)
- Paediatric Dysphagia for speech and language therapists
- Selective Mutism
- An introduction to stammering
- Thinking of a career in speech and language therapy?
All training will be delivered across Lambeth and Southwark.
Please see the brochure under the downloads section for information on courses and how to apply.
Who to contact
Last updated: 13 May 2019