Place2be - Therapeutic Support in Primary Schools
The Place2Be in schools, offers a range of services to support children's wellbeing.
This service works with children and young people from 5 to 11 years old, their parents and carers and other support networks to improve their lives.
The service offers:
- one-to-one counselling sessions - children receive a weekly session with a trained counsellor for a school term or whole school year;
- group work - weekly sessions with groups of children, focusing on specific issues, such as friendship, bullying, or transition to secondary school;
- the Place2Talk - children refer themselves to a lunchtime sessions. They can come alone, or with their friends;
- teachers - Place2Be works with teachers and school staff to enhance understanding of children’s needs and behaviours and to improve the emotional literacy of the school community;
- training - We can also provide training for school staff to further develop and enhance these skills; and
- Parents - support for parents to help them come to terms with events in their own lives, develop their parenting skills, and to better understand their children's behaviour
There are 17 primary schools with the service in Wandsworth. Allfarthing, The Alton, Broadwater, Eardley, Heathmere, Highview, Hillbrook, Honeywell Junior and Infants, Penwortham, Sellincourt, Smallwood, St Anselms, St Joseph's RC Primary School, Trinity St Marys and Westbridge
Staff, parents and children can find the service through their schools. Wandsworth area contact is firstname.lastname@example.org
Available to young people, parents/carers and staff within primary schools who have Place2be. Young people can self-refer, be referred by parents, school staff or other professionals.
Who to contact
Where to go
- The Place 2 Be
13-14 Angel Gate
- EC1V 2PT
- Get directions
Last updated: 15 Feb 2019