West Hill in the Park Children's Centre
Updated: 27th August 2020
Children’s Centres in Wandsworth are slowly re-opening following guidance in relation to Coronavirus (COVID-19). At the moment we are offering a limited number of sessions which are currently by invitation only, due to social distancing restrictions. We hope to increase capacity if restrictions are lifted further.
We are currently unable to provide any drop-in or walk-in sessions and the Health Visiting Team are not able to deliver any health clinics in children’s centres at the moment. However the Health Visiting Team are offering some services, so if you have need to speak to your Health Visitor then please contact the central number - 0333 300 2350 (lines are manned Monday to Friday from 8am to 8pm and Saturday, Sunday and Bank Holidays from 8am to 5pm)
Please complete a registration form if you have not done so already and continue to check this site regularly for updated information.
West Hill Children’s Centre offers a welcoming space, where parents and their children can play, explore, learn and have fun.
West Hill Children’s Centre is for children who live in our Centre’s reach area. The majority of our sessions and activities are for children aged under 3 years and 6 months.
Attending the Children’s Centre will help children to:
- Play, learn and develop
- Experience new and exciting activities enabling them to explore and experiment
- Play alongside and with other children and make friends
- Learn skills such as turn taking and sharing
- Be ready to start nursery
For parents the Children’s Centre can offer:
- Help in understanding your child’s development and how you can support them at home
- Support with your parenting skills
- Training courses, parenting programmes and workshops
- Good quality crèche facilities for when you attend any courses
- Support with any family difficulties
- The opportunity to meet other parents and make friends
To use the Centre, families must live within the designated reach area. If you are not sure, please call the Centre (020 8871 6655) or come in to find out if you live in the reach area.
Some of the sessions are drop-in, some require booking and some are invite only. There are limited places for all sessions. Drop-in sessions are run on a first come first served basis and some places will be reserved for invited families. All activities are free.
Please see the current timetable for all up to date information.
We ask all parents to register their family with the Children’s Centre. The form can be found under ‘Downloads’.
Who to contact
- 020 8870 9928
Where to go
- West Hill in the Park Children's Centre
King George's Park
- SW18 4AS
- Get directions
Time / Date Details
- When is it on
- Monday to Friday: 9:00am - 4:30pm
- Session Information
Closed for lunch every day 12 Noon to 1pm
To use the Children's Centre you can drop in, though some activities may require booking. The activities are free.
Last updated: 27 Aug 2020