Wandsworth Autism Advisory Service (WAAS) - Coronavirus (COVID-19) Support
How to make a referral and consent form
Coronavirus (COVID-19) Support
Support during the Coronavirus pandemic
WAAS offer C – Lockdown 3
05.01.21 – 19.02.21
In light of the newer restrictions as announced on the 4th of Jan 2021, WAAS is using the best practice from the last lockdown to inform our offer this time. All our usual universal / targeted offer is still in place and we will continue to work with schools / settings as before but remotely. Below is our bespoke offer to cover the period from 5 Jan 2021 - until 19 Feb 2021.
Our offer of support
- Telephone support – Daily telephone consultation service to provide advice and support to families and professionals during the lockdown period. Please email email@example.com or helpline 02088716882 leaving your name and contact number and a preferred time and one of the team will call you back.
- Support for families via weekly / bi-weekly telephone contact for families with children that are vulnerable during the lockdown. This will be from our existing case load as well as from new referrals.
- Primary to Secondary Transition support - Support for Senco’s and parents of children in year 6 with preparation for transition to secondary school. This will be rolled out from Feb 2021 for those children transitioning in Sept 2021.
- Post 16 transition support for families, young people in years 11 and above in preparation for change to post 16 options. Rolled out from Feb 2021.
- Parent/Carer support forums:
- Managing new routines at home, creating structure and home schooling.
- Young people support groups – We will be offering our support groups via Microsoft Teams starting the week commencing the 18th of Jan 2021. See website or email to sign up.
- Power Up Girls group - Block of 5 weekly sessions delivered via Microsoft Teams. Years 9 and above
- Boys Secondary group - Block of 5 weekly sessions = delivered via Microsoft Teams for years 9 and above
- Therapy Team Group for Lockdown - Regulation and Communication. For CYP years 4 – year 8 (8 – 12 years old)
- Transition groups for CYP transitioning to years 7 and transitioning from years 11 and above.
Details of the structure of these groups will be published on our thrive local offer page (Wandsworth Local Offer) For further details or to reserve a place please email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Young people continued sessions with speech and language therapy for secondary aged pupils on the caseload delivered via teletherapy by a Speech and Language Therapist and Multi Therapy Assistants. Support and virtual therapy from our Occupational therapist will also continue. Please email email@example.com if you would like to discuss this further.
- AET Making Sense of Autism (90 minute) Training delivered for schools/ settings via Microsoft Teams. If you would like to discuss the possibility of receiving free online training for the staff in your setting during the lockdown period please email AutismTraining@wandsworth.gov.uk
- Running alongside the AET, we are also offering further training (CPD) to schools and settings. We have developed a CPD training schedule for the next 5 weeks? This includes:
- Speech and Language therapy training offer. Email for details or see our Webpage
- Toilet Training for CYP with ASD/ Introduction to Sensory Processing & Sensory Strategies
- A series of YouTube videos targeted at parents/ carers of pupils waiting for an autism assessment on various areas e.g. how to use different types of now/next boards, visual timetables, setting up structure in the home, rules of play.
Who to contact
- 020 8871 6882
Where to go
- Early Years Centre
1, Siward Road
- SW17 0LA
- Get directions
Time / Date Details
- When is it on
- Referral required
- Referral Details
This service is for parents/carers and families of children with a diagnosis of autism (and those on the specialist pathway).
This service is for Wandsworth's parents/carers and families of children/young people with a diagnosis of autism (and those on the specialist pathway).
- Parent/carer support is available to all Wandsworth residents regardless of the child/ young person’s educational placement
Last updated: 13 Jan 2021