Generate's Buddy Scheme
Generate's Buddy scheme offers young people with a mild to moderate disability who live in the Borough of Wandsworth up to 4 hours per week of 1:1 targeted support for a period of 3 months. This project offers young people aged 11 to 19 a short term intervention to talk about their goals and to take steps to try and make them a reality.
The main aims of our workers are to support choices, give a sense of control and independence and increase confidence and self-esteem.
This support is bespoke to the individual and their needs and has taken many forms such as;
- Travel Training
- Accessing Leisure facilities
- Finding a positive peer group
- Accessing mainstream services
- Support to youth club
Anyone can refer a Young person to the buddy service.
Parents and young people can also refer themselves by calling Tim Aldcroft on 020 8879 6333 and asking for a referral form.
Who to contact
- Contact provider for costs
- Age Ranges
- From 11 to 19 years
To use this service young people are normally referred by:
- Specialist children’s services
- Schools (both specialist and mainstream)
- Parents and young people can also refer themselves through their website
- or call Tim Aldcroft on 020 8879 6333
- Local Offer Age Bands
Transitions to Adulthood (16+)
Secondary (11-16 years)
Last updated: 25 Feb 2019