"Due to a significant increase in referrals over recent weeks, we have made the difficult decision to revert to our emergency referral criteria, meaning we can only now accept urgent referrals for:
- families with a newborn baby (30 weeks pregnant or baby under 3 months) or
- families in emergency situations with nothing for their children (for example: victims of domestic violence, trafficking, modern slavery or recent asylum arrivals)."
Little Village collects good quality baby clothes and equipment, donated by local families, and works with health visitors, children’s centres and other professionals to give these items to families who need this kit.
A few of the items they need and accept are:
- clothing (from premature to 5 years);
- high chairs (with 3 point harness);
- moses baskets;
- play mats and play gyms;
- safety gates; and
- many many more.
Please visit their website for a full list of items that are accepted, for information about volunteering, and for information regarding referring a family to Little Village for support.
They are based at St Marks Church, Tooting. They run a free playgroup for people who have been referred to them, and for people wishing to drop off donations, every Wednesday during time time between 9:30am and 12noon. They are also open on the first Monday evening of every month between 7:45 and 9:45pm for people who want to donate items.
Who to contact
Where to go
St. Marks Church Hall
53 Rowfant Road
- SW17 7AP
- Get directions
Time / Date Details
- When is it on
- Wednesdays (term time): 9:30am - 12noon for playgroup and dropping off donations.
First Monday of the month: 7:45 - 9:45 for dropping off donated items.
Last updated: 14 Sep 2021