The WAND Card
Wandsworth's WAND Card helps a child or young person, up to 18 years old, whose disability or special needs significantly impact on their ability to get out and about around the Borough.
The WAND Card can be used as a form of identification, for example, as proof of eligibility for existing concessions.
A WAND Card holder may have:
- a physical disability,
- a major visual or hearing impairment,
- a chronic physical illness,
- autistic and communication disorders,
- learning disability or
- pre-school delay.
Where can you use the WAND card? Venues include:
- Places for People Leisure Centres in Wandsworth
- Battersea Park Children's Zoo
- London Recumbents in Battersea Park
- Parking at the Town Hall, St George's and Queen Mary's Hospitals
- Wandsworth Libraries
- Disability Sports Coach
- To park outside your Wandsworth school (You must apply for an exemption)
- Free Parking in Battersea Park Car Parks
You can apply for a WAND/WAND+ card using the button below. If you would prefer a paper version please ask Thrive Wandsworth for a registration form and explanatory leaflet or for further information about the DCR and the WAND card.
Who to contact
Where to go
- CDR, WAND and WAND+ Team
4th Floor, Town Hall Extension
Wandsworth High Street
- SW18 2PU
- Get directions
- Age Ranges
- From 0 years to 17 years
To be eligible for the WAND Card, a child or young person has to live in the Borough of Wandsworth, be a member of the Disabled Children’s Register (DCR) and provide current, written evidence of either:
- receipt of child tax credit to include the disabled child element; or
- disability living allowance (DLA) at the middle or higher level; or
- a letter or email from a medical or educational professional addressed to the Disabled Children's Register confirming there is a complex health need that impacts significantly on getting about and accessing services.
- Local Offer Age Bands
Transitions to Adulthood (16+)
Secondary (11-16 years)
Primary (4-10 years)
Early Years (0-4 years)
Last updated: 21 Oct 2021