Welcome to the Wandsworth Apprenticeship Programme!
Wandsworth Lifelong Learning is committed to developing opportunities for young people and broadening their choices to give them the best start in life. We deliver a range of work-based learning programmes and have been running a successful Apprenticeship programme for 7 years.
What is an Apprenticeship?
Apprenticeships are work-based training programmes for young people and adults of all ages.
- Business Administration
- Team Leading
- Customer Service
- Supporting Teaching and Learning
- Children’s Care, Learning and Development
- Health & Social Care
Apprenticeships are offered at two levels:
- Level 2 (Intermediate Apprenticeship)
- Level 3 (Advanced Apprenticeship)
All apprentices will gain a national vocational qualification, functional skills in English, maths and ICT, and in some cases, a technical certificate.
What does an Apprenticeships framework include?
The components of an Apprenticeship will vary depending on the framework being worked towards but in most instances they will include:
- A Combined Competency and Knowledge Qualification
- Functional Skills in Maths
- Functional Skills in English
- Functional Skills in ICT (where applicable)
How long will it take me?
An Apprenticeship will take between 12 - 18 months, and you will work a minimum of 30 hours per week.
Will I earn a salary?
Yes. New entrants to the labour market receive an apprenticeship salary. Existing employees receive their salary and are able to access funding to support their training.
The benefits of Apprenticeships
An Apprenticeship is a great way of gaining new skills, knowledge and confidence to progress in your chosen career.
Some benefits include:
- Earning a salary
- Getting paid holidays
- Receiving training
- Gaining a qualification
- Learning job specific skills
If you complete your apprenticeship, it is equivalent to:
- 5 A* - C GCSEs at Intermediate (Level 2)
- 2 A-Levels at Advanced (Level 3)
The main criteria for success are:
- A strong attendance and punctuality record
- A good standard of work
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Commitment to working hard
To find out more information about apprenticeships or current vacancies please contact the team:
Ashley Redman - 020 8871 8627
Mobile: 07901 104 300
Jackie Brown - 020 8871 8957
Mobile: 07557 863 654
Who to contact
- Age Ranges
- From 16 years to 23 years