Garratt Park School
This is a Wandsworth maintained secondary school for boys and girls with mild to moderate learning difficulties with associated complex needs aged between 11 and 19 years .
Garratt Park School caters for students with a range of difficulties, including moderate learning difficulties, autistic spectrum conditions, and speech, language and communication difficulties.
The School aims to enable its students to:
- foster a caring, respectful attitude to others;
- become independent and socially competent adults;
- learn their living, gain job satisfaction, enjoy their learning and be eager to continue learning;
- take pride in themselves;
- develop self-confidence, an ability to communicate and acquire the skills necessary in life; be able to play a positive role in today's society; and
- achieve their fullest potential
The school offers a broad and flexible curriculum which includes personalised learning opportunities and preparation for transitions into adulthood. Speech and language therapy and Occupational therapy are an integral part of the school with collaborative programmes delivered by our full time therapists.
The Post 16 curriculum offer has a strong focus on independence and the world of work, with a college experience built in. Personalised learning is delivered by a highly specialised Learning Mentor team in the Alternative Learning Centre.
The school holds termly Open mornings or can be visited by appointment on Tuesday mornings.
Placements at the school are made by the Local Authority's Special Needs Assessment Service, in consultation with the Headteacher and parent(s) or carer(s).
Please visit the website below for more information.
Who to contact
Where to go
- Garratt Park School
- SW18 3TB
- Get directions
- Age Ranges
- From 11 years to 18 years
- Other notes
- Garratt Park welcomes feedback about the school. Any concerns about your child's education should be discussed with the child's teacher in the first instance. If you wish to take your concerns further, the link to the Wandsworth Borough Council website complaint procedure for maintained schools is shown below.
To attend this school:
- Your child needs to have an Education Health and Care Plan which names this provision.
Please contact Special Needs Assessment Service for more information.