Can Do - volunteering for disabled people
Leonard Cheshire's Can Do project offers exciting opportunities for 16- to 35‑year-old disabled people to volunteer in their community. Here are five top reasons to join Can Do!
- learn and develop new skills
- build self-confidence and independence
- meet new people and make new friends
- raise awareness on issues that are important to you
- be more socially active in your community
We provide training, cover all expenses and offer extra support as needed. You can volunteer and combine it with study or work.
As the leading UK disability charity, we welcome applications from disabled volunteers and are happy to discuss individual support requirements.
Can Do is open to people with a long term health condition or disability, including physical, visual or hearing impairments, mental health conditions and learning disabilities like dyslexia and dyspraxia.
Who to contact
- Age Ranges
- age 16 to 35 years