Apples and Honey, The Nursery on the Common
Apples and Honey, The Nursery on the Common is a small nursery in south London centred on the values and traditions of Judaism and situated at Wimbledon & District Synagogue. It caters for children aged 2.5 to 5 years old.
It is open for 38 weeks in the year from 9.30am to 12.30pm Monday to Friday and, after children have reached their third birthday, they can bring a vegetarian packed lunch and stay till 2.00pm for its school-readiness sessions.
Apples and Honey Nursery is a registered nursery education provider and is in receipt of Government funding. It can cater for 30 children who join during the year as they reach the age of 2.5 years. It aims to create a warm and caring environment in which children are able to make the transition from home to school securely and where they will be happy, confident and enjoy the company of others. Its high staff to child ratio enables the children to receive individual attention and develop at their own pace.
Please visit the website for further information.
Who to contact
Where to go
- Wimbledon & District Synagogue
1, Queensmere Road
- SW19 5QD
- Get directions
- Table of costs
Table of costs Amount Cost Type £21 Per session
- The afternoon session in addition to the morning, cost is £10.50.
- Age Ranges
- From 2 years 6 months to 5 years 11 months
- Has Provision
- These areas are wheelchair accessible: main entrance, eating facilities, changing facilities, toilets, play facilities. Fully wheelchair accessible
- Experience with
English as an additional language
- Staff are confident and have experience with: behaviour management, administering medication, toilet assistance, epipens, signing/Makaton. The nursery has a written special needs policy. Please contact us to discuss other needs
- Caters for vegan, allergies. Please contact setting to discuss other specific dietary requirements. Children bring packed lunches - fish and vegetarian meals only. Provide fruit and vegetables, milk a
- Welcomes children from all backgrounds. Activities reflect wide ranging cultures. Cultures are reflected in toys, books and images. Relationships with parents are developed respecting belief systems.
- 3 & 4 year old funding
- 2 year old funding
Opening Times & Facilities
- Opening Times
Opening Times Day Opening Time Closing Time Monday - Friday 9:30am 12:30pm
Toys for children with visual impairments
Toys for children with physical limitations
Kitchen and cooking
Toys for children with developmental disabilities
Visits and outings
- Ofsted URN
- Link to latest ofsted inspection report
- Inspection history
Inspection History Inspection Date Inspection type Inspection Outcome 30/11/2007 Integrated Good 24/05/2012 Inspection (Early Years Register) Outstanding 12/05/2016 Inspection (Early Years Register) Outstanding
Last updated: 21 Jan 2020