Proud Parents from Free2B
Proud Parents is a group for parents of LGBTQ+ children, supported by Free2B. Free2B is a London based Community Interest Company with the aim of supporting lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender individuals, those questioning their sexuality &/or gender, plus individuals who define themselves by alternative identities (LGBTQ+).
We provide a unique provision in delivering three distinct, yet interrelated services:
- support for young people;
- support for parents and
- LGBTQ+ training for organisations & education establishments.
Our core aim is to provide a safe, social space for LGBTQ+ young people and parents to be able to come together, share common experiences and ‘be themselves’ without fear of discrimination.
- The Gap LGBTQ+ youth club for young people aged 13-19
- Free2Talk 1:1 mentoring for young people aged 13-18
- LGBTQ+ awareness training
5:30-6pm 1:1 drop-ins 6:00-8pm main group session 8-8:30pm flexible time... for socialising, extending group discussion etc
The new format is as below. Proud Parents will be offering 121 sessions to parents should you want to take it up.
- Start at 5:30pm for a 1:1 drop in
- Group official start at 6:00pm
- Group chat and catch up.
- Guest speaker 6:30pm -
- Tea/Coffee/refreshments 7pm
- Group chat - 7:15pm
- 121 support with Nicki and/or Siobhan Hickey - educational psychologist - 7:15pm
- Finish at 8pm.
- 1:1 drop in session
If you live in London and would like to access our digital youth clubs, parent group and / or 1:1 support please download and complete our membership form.
Once we have received your membership form, we will get in touch and arrange an initial contact to explore how we can best support you.
We recognise that not everyone can easily engage with online services as this may put them at risk, so please do get in touch if you’d like to look at ways you can safely access our support. For example, we have a safe-word system for members to alert us if they are unable to speak during a call, we can arrange safe times for contacts or provide support via email or text and we are happy to discuss other options that you feel may allow you to safely access our digital services.
For our junior club for 9-12 year olds, parental consent is required.
Alternatively, if you’d like further information about our digital services, please get in touch: firstname.lastname@example.org | 07757 502 726
Who to contact
Where to go
- Clapham Junction area
Time / Date Details
- When is it on
- First Monday of every month - currently online
- Time of day
- Session Information
5:30pm - 6pm - 1:1 drop-ins
- Free, but please contact Nicki to say you are coming.
To take part in this activity you:
- Can contact Nicki and find out where the meeting will be.
Last updated: 17 Aug 2020