Proud Parents from Free2B
Proud Parents is a group for parents of LGBTQ+ children, supported by Free2B. Free2B is a London based Community Interest Company with the aim of supporting lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender individuals, those questioning their sexuality &/or gender, plus individuals who define themselves by alternative identities (LGBTQ+).
We provide a unique provision in delivering three distinct, yet interrelated services:
- support for young people;
- support for parents and
- LGBTQ+ training for organisations & education establishments.
Our core aim is to provide a safe, social space for LGBTQ+ young people and parents to be able to come together, share common experiences and ‘be themselves’ without fear of discrimination.
- The Gap LGBTQ+ youth club for young people aged 13-19
- Free2Talk 1:1 mentoring for young people aged 13-18
- LGBTQ+ awareness training
Proud Parents next meeting is 13th May 2019
5:30-6pm 1:1 drop-ins 6:00-8pm main group session 8-8:30pm flexible time... for socialising, extending group discussion etc
The new format is as below. Proud Parents will be offering 121 sessions to parents should you want to take it up.
- Start at 5:30pm for a 1:1 drop in
- Group official start at 6:00pm
- Group chat and catch up.
- Guest speaker 6:30pm -
- Tea/Coffee/refreshments 7pm
- Group chat - 7:15pm
- 121 support with Nicki and/or Siobhan Hickey - educational psychologist - 7:15pm
- Finish at 8pm.
- 1:1 drop in session
Who to contact
Where to go
- Clapham Junction area
Time / Date Details
- When is it on
- Monthly-13 May 2019
- Time of day
- Free, but please contact Nicki to say you are coming.
To take part in this activity you:
- Can contact Nicki and find out where the meeting will be.
Last updated: 08 May 2019