Paediatric Neurology Service at St George's Hospital
St George’s NHS Trust Paediatric Neurology Service provides a comprehensive tertiary neurology service for patients from the newborn period up until 16 years (for new referrals), both locally, within South West London, Surrey and West Sussex.
Neurology is the medical specialty which focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of diseases and disorders of the brain and nervous system. This includes diagnosis, assessment and initial management of a variety of primarily acute conditions eg stroke, complex epilepsy, immune mediated neurological conditions, neuromuscular disorders, neurometabolic disorders.
The Paediatric Neurology service at St George's Hospital offers:
- 24 hour telephone advice 7 days a week throughout the year.
- Weekly outpatient clinics at St George’s – initial assessment following which appropriate investigation and treatment can be devised. Regular follow up of some of the most complex or rare conditions.
- Regular Joint Neurology Clinics together with the referring Paediatricians, patient and family, at the local DGH in order to support the local team delivering appropriate neurological care.
- Support to paediatric colleagues with the neurological management of a variety of other medical conditions such as Paediatric brain tumours, haematological disorders, meningitis and encephalitis, and medically unexplained symptoms.
Who to contact
Where to go
- St George's Healthcare NHS Trust
- SW17 0QT
- Get directions
- Age Ranges
- 0 - 17 years
- Referral required
- Referral Details
Only referrals made by Consultant Paediatricians or their nominated deputy will be accepted. Referrals from other non-Paediatric Specialists can be considered on an individual basis.
To access the services at St George's Hospital (other than the Accident & Emergency Department) you will generally need to be referred by your General Practitioner (GP) or another medical professional.
Last updated: 04 Mar 2021