Childline – homelessness and runaway
ChildLine is a free 24-hour counselling service for children and young people up to their 19th birthday in the UK provided by the NSPCC.
Homelessness is having nowhere to live. Sometimes things can get so bad for people that they feel like running away from home.
Reasons why you might want to run away include:
- arguments with your family
- violence in your family
- physical abuse
- sexual abuse
- problems at school
- forced marriage
- running away from care
- being neglected (not looked after properly at home)
- being in a stressful situation, like after the death of someone you loved
- problems with drugs or alcohol
Visit the website for more information.
Who to contact
- You can call ChildLine at any time on 0800 1111 to speak to a counsellor. Calls are free and confidential.
Last updated: 03 Sep 2020