Young Adult Carers Project
The Young Adult Carers Project is for young people aged between 14 and 25 years who live or study in Wandsworth or where the person they are caring for lives in Wandsworth. Young Adult Carers are unpaid carers for a family member or friend with an illness or disability, mental health condition or addiction. These young people are usually going through a period of transition and their needs are sometimes different to older carers.
The support provided includes:
- One-to-one sessions to identify goals and create action plans
- Information and advice including – condition specific information, finances, housing
- Group workshops including - exercise, financial management, employability/ education sustainment, staying healthy, managing stress
- Fun outings
- Peer support and mentoring.
There are many hidden young adult carers who don’t identify themselves as carers but at times are in need of support and advice. Equally, if you know of any young adult carers you are currently supporting, you feel may benefit from the service, please contact them and complete the form attached. You can refer either by emailing a completed referral form or emailing the name and contact details of the young adult carer to the email address below.
Who to contact
- Contact Name
- Amanda Ruck
- 020 8675 0811
- Parent Organisation
- Wandsworth Carers' Centre (Wandsworth Office) - Coronavirus
Where to go
- Balham Carer's Centre
46, Balham High Road
- SW12 9AQ
- Get directions
To use this service you need to be:
- Aged 14 to 25 years
- Living in Wandsworth and caring for someone
- Caring for someone resident in Wandsworth