Mental Health First Aid
NOT OPERATING AT PRESENT DUE TO COVID. FIND US ON FAACEBOOK PAGE @Puneywellbeing
Drop in sessions offering advice and self-help strategies for young people with anxiety, stress, depression and other common mental health illness.
This is a service for young people aged 16 and over.
A team of local volunteers offer a confidential ear to those seeking self-help particularly for anxiety and depression. All volunteers have undertaken an internationally accredited Mental Health First Aid course.
- Information on self-help therapies available in the library’s well-stocked section of Books on Prescription
- How to access Talk Wandsworth's courses that teach strategies and techniques to manage symptoms of common mental health problems such as low mood, worry and stress
- How to get immediate online professional help from 'The Big White Wall' available 24/7
- Information on a wide range of activities and local social, arts and self-help organisations.
- How to access Citizens Advice Wandsworth and support in times of crisis on debt, benefits and housing
- Information on services run by charities and community groups in Wandsworth via Wandsworth Wellbeing hubs.
We all have mental health as we have physical health. They are often related. There is no stigma in talking about the issues. You may have already visited your GP and are having to wait for therapy. We can tell you about other courses of action.
The sessions take place every Wednesday at 6:00pm to 8:00pm.
Who to contact
- Contact Name
- Sue Rolfe
Where to go
- Putney Library
- SW15 2DR
- Get directions
Time / Date Details
- When is it on
- Wednesday 6:00pm to 8:00pm NOT OPERATING AT PRESENT DUE TO COVID
- Time of day
- Session Information
6:00pm - 8:00pm
- Referral Details
Come along and put a message on our Tree of Life and Hope at the library until 6 January - or read what other people have said to keep you cheerful!
Putney well-being friends are offering a free drop in service for young people aged 16 and over who seek advice on anxiety, stress, depression and other common mental health ilnesses.
- Contact Email
- Local Offer Age Bands
- Transitions to Adulthood (16+)
Last updated: 03 Dec 2020