ACES Youth Club from Merton MENCAP
Merton Mencap have introduced a new youth service for young people aged 14 – 18 who have a diagnosis of high functioning Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD) or Asperger’s. The club will run on Thursday evenings from 6.30pm to 8.30pm either in the community or at our Phipps Bridge base.
What will the ACES Youth Club offer? A 2 hour club on Thursday evenings which may involve:
- engaging in fun and relaxed activities such as table tennis, indoor basketball, games, music sessions, video evenings and more
- sessions in the community such as bowling, ice skating, cinema and more
- facilitated discussions on topics that participants are concerned about or interested in such as internet safety, school pressure, friendships, aspects of computer gaming, relationships, mental health awareness and more
- planning occasional fund-raising events or appeals on behalf of their club
The activities, topics and outings will be selected as much as possible by the participants themselves.
Participants must be able to use a mobile phone and should be able to travel safely in the community when part of a group. They must also be able to use an Oyster card/Freedom Pass independently. Participants are expected to fund their own travel.
We will give priority to young people who are finding it particularly hard to make or sustain friendships or who do not currently take part in many mainstream social opportunities.
The club is primarily for young people who live in Merton but we can accept young people who attend a school or college in Merton but live in a neighbouring borough.
To attend the club we will ask for a contribution of £3 per week, payable on the day.
Who to contact
- Contact Name
- Niki Lowe
- 020 3963 0599
Where to go
- Phipps Bridge Youth Club
309, Phipps Bridge Road
- CR4 3TY
- Get directions
Time / Date Details
- When is it on
- Thursdays 6:30pm to 8:30pm
- Time of day
- £3 Contribution per week, payable on the day.
Last updated: 17 Sep 2018