Independent Parental Special Education Advice (known as IPSEA) is a registered charity (number 327691). IPSEA offers free and independent legally based information, advice and support to help get the right education for children and young people with all kinds of special educational needs (SEN) and disabilities.
IPSEA gives independent advice and support on:
- Local Authorities’ legal duties to assess and provide for children with special educational needs
- Exclusions of children with special needs/disabilities
- Action/inaction by Local Authorities and/or schools which discriminate against children and young people with disabilities.
IPSEA provides a general Advice Line (giving support with requesting statutory assessment, statements, Education Health and Care plans, disability discrimination, transport and exclusions). They also provide a Tribunal Helpline (giving next step advice on SEN appeals and disability discrimination claims to the Special Educational Needs and Disability Tribunal).
For more information, please visit the IPSEA website.
Who to contact
General Advice Line: 0800 018 4016 or 01799 526771
Tribunal Helpline: 0845 602 9579
Where to go
- CB11 4AA
- Get directions
Time / Date Details
- When is it on
- Monday-Thursday: 10am - 4pm and 7pm - 9pm Friday: 10am - 4pm
- Other notes
- Please read before calling: IPSEA's Advice Line is covered by 1 or 2 volunteers working from their own homes. If the line is busy, the volunteers are busy taking calls. There is no answerphone service on the Advice Line. If you hear an answerphone message, it will be the volunteer's personal voicemail. Please do not leave a message, but do call back later.