Child Growth Foundation
The Child Growth Foundation (CGF) is a national charity which specialises in child growth and endocrine issues.
The organisation aims to support parents whose child has a suspected or diagnosed growth problem, an adult or family member of someone with a growth or endocrine disorder, or medical professionals.
The CGF aims to do this by:
- Supporting and encouraging all children or adults with growth disorders, and their families
- Promoting and funding research into the causes and cure of growth and endocrine disorders, and publishing the results
- Educating the public, especially medical professionals, in the challenges those with growth and endocrine disorders are likely to face
- Encouraging medical professionals at all levels to monitor growth and development. CGF provides training and equipment to ensure that all growth measuring is undertaken accurately and appropriately
The Foundation supports the following conditions:
- Weaver Syndrome
- Russell Silver Syndrome (RSS)/Intrauterine Growth Retardation (IUGR)/Small for Gestational Age (SGA)
- Bone Dysplasia
- Sotos Syndrome
- Premature Sexual Maturity (PSM)
- Growth Hormone Deficiency (GHD)/Multiple Pituitary Hormone Deficiency (MPHD)
For more information on the work of this charity, please visit their website.