S.T.O.R.M. stands for Support, Trust, Opportunity, Rebuilding and Motivation.
This organisation started as a self help group for lone mothers but has expanded it’s services to now working with a wider range of people in and around the local community, providing a more holistic service for all members of the family. The aim is to help rebuild self esteem and confidence in people who have experienced difficult lives, through bad relationships or have missed out on educational opportunities and to build on community cohesion.
People who visit the organisation will get help with:
- Building their confidence and self-esteem;
- Information Advice and Guidance on local services and support networks
- Access to Free Learning to gain accredited qualifications including Functional Skills Literacy/Numeracy and higher education which could lead to employment i.e. NVQ’s in Health and Social Care/Childcare/Teaching Assistant courses
- Support and guidance in taking the first important steps towards becoming more independent; and
- becoming more economically active including receiving support and advice on returning to work.
Just drop into their Job shop every Thursday and Friday, during opening hours 10am-3pm to register, and gain one to one advice and support from one of their advisors. Free Nursery settings for parents whilst attending the setting, along with the Free government 16 hours placements for 2 to 4 year olds is also available, along with weekly youth club activities for children aged 11+. Just call if you have any queries.
Who to contact
Where to go
- Storm Family Centre
Young and Lucas Court
- SW11 5JF
- Get directions
Last updated: 09 Mar 2021