Children’s Education Advisory Service (CEAS)
Children’s Education Advisory Service (CEAS) supports operational effectiveness through the provision of support to service and eligible MOD civilian families. CEAS provides advice, support and guidance regarding the educational well-being of the children and young people belonging to families in all 3 services. All advice given is impartial, child-centred and focuses on the best interests of the individual.
CEAS provides authoritative, confidential, impartial advice to service and eligible MOD civilian families on a wide range of educational issues including:
- parental rights and responsibilities
- children or young person’s rights and responsibilities
- special educational needs and/or disability
- school admissions and appeals
- overseas education in non-MOD school areas
- retention of quarters for educational purposes
CEAS does not make decisions about a child or young person’s education; we advise families to allow them to make informed decisions.
The CEAS team is comprised of qualified teachers and experienced case advisors who can answer queries predominantly via email and telephone.
Who to contact
CEAS helpline: 01980 618 244
or 94344 8244
Fax: 01980 618 244 or 94344 8245
- Children’s Education Advisory Service (CEAS) Website on GOV.UK
To use this service you need to be a Service child (or parent/carer of a Service child):
- you must be permanently resident; and
- have at least one parent who is currently serving in HM Armed Forces.
- Local Offer Age Bands
Transitions to Adulthood (16+)
Secondary (11-16 years)
Primary (4-10 years)
Early Years (0-4 years)
Last updated: 17 Dec 2018