Homicide Service from Victim Support
The London Chlidren and Young People (CYP) service works with children and young people aged 4-17 (18-21 on a case-by-case basis) who have witnessed or have been bereaved by homicide.
The CYP service provides practical, emotional support and advocacy service which support young people bereaved by homicide. All appointments take place in a confidential, secure and child friendly environment.
A tailored support plan is created which is made up of various interventions to best support children and young people on their journey. These interventions may focus on several aspects of an individual’s life such as:
- physical health
- feelings and behaviour
- education and learning
- and many more.
What does our one to one work include?
- safety planning
- emotional support
- practical support
- allocation of helpful resources
- support through the Criminal Justice System (CJS) if applicable
- needs and risk assessments
- signposting and referrals into agreed support services
- commissioning of additional services on a case by case basis
The length of the service is for 3 months, unless further support is required.
Who to contact
Last updated: 19 Jun 2020