Special Guardianship - Factsheet
Special Guardianship is an order made by the court that places a child or a young person to live with someone permanently and gives legal status for non parents who are or wish to care for that child or young person in a long term secure placement.
This factsheet is produced by the Coram Children’s Legal Centre.
The factsheet contains information on:
- What is Special Guardianship?
- What are the effects of a Special Guardianship Order?
- Who has Parental Responsibility?
- Alternatives to Special Guardianship
- The process involved when applying for Special Guardianship
- The kinds of support available for Special Guardians
Download the Coram Children's Legal Centre Special Guardianship Order Factsheet in related links.
Who to contact
Last updated: 01 Jun 2020