Supporting Dyslexia in schools
This is a free session from the Literacy and Numeracy Support Service, (L&NSS) for parents and carers. It is mainly for parents and carers of children with dyslexia, but may be useful for parents/carers of any children experiencing literacy difficulties.
Find out about the definition of Dyslexia and how it is identified:
- Gain an understanding of recent national updates on Dyslexia.
- Hear about how schools are working to support pupils with literacy difficulties in Wandsworth
- Find out about the graduated response to special needs and how this works in practice
- Exchange ideas with other parents/carers.
The L&NSS organises sessions for parents about identifying and supporting literacy and numeracy difficulties . These are usually held termly and are advertised through schools and the council website.
Who to contact
Where to go
- Wandsworth Professional Development Cnetre
3rd Floor, Building 1 Burntwood School
- SW17 0AQ
- Get directions
Time / Date Details
- When is it on
- Friday 28th February 2020 9.30 - 12.00
- Time of day
- Free, but please book in advance to secure your place. Only two family members can attend-children should not attend.
- Age Ranges
- 4 - 18 years
- Other notes
Complaints: Any complaints, concerns or compliments about the teaching support or the quality of the service should be made first to the individual specialist literacy or numeracy teacher already working in the school. Any complaints that cannot be resolved in this way should be directed to: - Janet Goring (Manager of the Literacy & Numeracy Support Service) Wandsworth Borough Council, Literacy and Numeracy Support Service, Education Inclusion Services, 7th Floor, Town Hall Extension, London, SW18 2PU Tel: 020 8871 6815 E-mail: email@example.com Any clients who consider that they have not had an adequate response from the manager of the Literacy & Numeracy Support Service should contact: - Andy Hough(Head of Education Inclusion Service) Wandsworth Borough Council, Literacy and Numeracy Support Service, Education Inclusion Services, 7th Floor, Town Hall Extension, London, SW18 2PU 020 8871 8856 E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
To use this service please call or email to book your free place.
Last updated: 27 Feb 2020