Lady Allen Adventure Playground
Lady Allen Adventure Playground provides opportunities for adventurous play for disabled children and their siblings from the Borough of Wandsworth.
This facility is for disabled children and young people and their siblings between the ages of 5-14 years.
It offers outdoor and indoor facilities on a secure site including:
- soft play area;
- video games room;
- arts and crafts; and
- an indoor slide.
They can provide:
- after-school care during term-time;
- a bus to take children home during term-time; and;
- holiday care.
- the playground is open during term time for School Visits
- School Holiday Playschemes: Monday to Friday 10am to 4pm
- After School Club: Monday to Thursday 3:30pm to 5.30pm
- Saturday Club 10am to 4pm
Lady Allen Adventure Playground also runs a youth club on a Friday during term times only for 12-18 year olds from 3.30 pm-8pm at the cost of £5 per session.
Phone and ask to come for a visit on a Saturday, between 11am and 3pm, with the child. On that visit all forms can be completed and the child's needs can be assessed, normally they will be able to start the following week. When a child requires 1:1 support in order to use the playground safely this will normally be funded by Wandsworth Social Services after an assessment at Lady Allen, but once again the first step is a visit on a Saturday.
Lady Allen is also open to the public at specific times during term times.
Referrals can be made direct to the playground.
Social Services can arrange a bus to this service if your child has a social worker. Please call IPOC on 020 8871 6622 or your 0 to 25 Disability Team social worker.
Who to contact
Where to go
- Lady Allen Adventure Playground
- SW11 1HT
- Get directions
- £5.00 per session per child (1:1 funded by local authority + parent pays £5.00) £4.50 per session when buying 10 sessions. £4.00 per session low income families Note: The service is core funded by the London Borough of Wandsworth and as such it is primarily for Wandsworth residents the costs detailed above refer to Wandsworth children and young people only. Children from other boroughs can attend but the costs of this would need to be discussed and agreed with playground staff in advance.
- Age Ranges
- From 5 years to 14 years
This is a specialist play ground for disabled children and young people, their siblings and friends can attend with them.
Last updated: 22 Jan 2019