Lady Allen Adventure Playground
** Lady Allen Adventure playground has been under-going improvment works. Find out more here. **
** Summer 2021 Holiday playscheme – We will be running our summer playscheme from w/c 26th July, through till August 31st 2021. Please contact us for further details.
UPDATE JUNE 2021
Due to the impact of COVID, Lady Allen has had to restrict the number of children and sessions that would normally be planned. However, we are hoping to be able to offer more spaces in the near future. If you are intersted in your child attending Lady Allen, please could you complete the REGISTRATION OF INTEREST FORM and email to:
Your childs name will then be added to the waiting list and when a space is available, we will contact you further.
Lady Allen Adventure Playground provides opportunities for adventurous play for children with disabilities and their siblings from the Borough of Wandsworth.
This facility is for children and young people with disabilities and their siblings between the ages of 5-14 years.
It offers outdoor and indoor facilities on a secure site including:
- soft play area;
- video games room;
- arts and crafts; and
- an indoor slide.
They can provide:
- after-school care during term-time;
- a bus to take children home during term-time; and;
- holiday care.
- the playground is open during term time for School Visits
- School Holiday Playschemes: Monday to Friday 10am to 4pm
- After School Club: Monday to Thursday 3:30pm to 5.30pm
- Saturday Club 10am to 4pm
Lady Allen Adventure Playground also runs a youth club on a Friday during term times only for 12-18 year olds from 3.30 pm-8pm at the cost of £5 per session.
Phone and ask to come for a visit on a Saturday, between 11am and 3pm, with the child. On that visit all forms can be completed and the child's needs can be assessed, normally they will be able to start the following week. When a child requires 1:1 support in order to use the playground safely this will normally be funded by Wandsworth Social Services after an assessment at Lady Allen, but once again the first step is a visit on a Saturday.
These assessments are not carried at on Saturdays in the school holidays, or in the run up to the Summer holidays, so please arrange to visit in term time and not just before the Summer holidays.
Lady Allen is also open to the public at specific times during term times.
Referrals can be made direct to the playground.
Social Services can arrange a bus to this service if your child has a social worker. Please call MASH on 020 8871 6622 or your 0 to 25 Disability Team social worker.
Who to contact
Where to go
- Lady Allen Adventure Playground
- SW11 1HT
- Get directions
- £5.00 per session per child (1:1 funded by local authority + parent pays £5.00) £4.50 per session when buying 10 sessions. £4.00 per session low income families Note: The service is core funded by the London Borough of Wandsworth and as such it is primarily for Wandsworth residents the costs detailed above refer to Wandsworth children and young people only. Children from other boroughs can attend but the costs of this would need to be discussed and agreed with playground staff in advance.
- Age Ranges
- From 5 years to 14 years
This is a specialist play ground for disabled children and young people, their siblings and friends can attend with them.
Last updated: 01 Jun 2021