Skip to main content

Somebody Else's Child

Somebody Else's Child - If you are caring for a child for 28 days or more, you are required to notify your local council.

Private fostering is when a child under the age of 16 (under 18 if disabled) is cared for by someone who is not their parent or a 'close relative'.

The website offers information and guidance as to what you are required to do if you are a looking after a child for more than 28 days.

  • legal requirements as a private foster carer;
  • what benefits you maybe entitled to; and
  • your legal duty to inform your council.

For more information please visit website.

Who to contact


Is this information correct?