Wandsworth Family Link
This service arranges weekend breaks with a foster carer for children and young people with severe disabilities.
The age range catered for is 0-18 years old.
The benefits are:
- the child or young person gets to have an enjoyable weekend with a foster carer; and
- their family can have a break from caring for them.
Referrals to the 0 to 25 Disability Team to request social care can be made through the Initial Point of Contact team (IPOC) through the special school the child or young person attends or by parents or carers under the Social Care Referral Eligibility Criteria.
Foster carers are trained, supported and paid an allowance. Wandsworth Family Link are looking for people to give a weekend a month to care for a child with disabilities. You can find out more about fostering in Wandsworth on the Fostering website.
Who to contact
- 020 8767 9995
- Referral required
- Referral Details
Families need to be referred to this service. Referrals are usually made by a social worker in the Disabled Children's Team.
Access to this service is normally via the 0 to 25 Disability Team
- Your child needs to be referred to the 0 to 25 Disability Team by:
- The Initial Point of Contact (IPOC)
- The Multi Agency Complex Needs Panel
- The special school the child or young person attends or
- By parents or carers under the Social Care Referral Eligibility Criteria