Skip to main content

Schools and Community Psychology Service (SCPS)

This service is for children, young people (0 to 25 years) who live in Wandsworth, who attend a Wandsworth maintained nursery or school or who are looked after by Wandsworth, and for their families and the practitioners who work with them. You can visit our Wiki website to see and hear what we do. 

We work with partners in education, health and social care in a number of different services and settings to improve inclusion and well being for those with additional or special needs.

Consultation, advice and intervention are offered on:

  • support for children’s learning;
  • social, emotional difficulties and behavior management
  • psychological well being and mental health
  • parenting and early development

The service offers assessment of children's needs to help inform intervention and decisions about educational approaches, support and placement.

We also offer critical incident support to schools where there has been a significant event effecting the emotional well being of pupils and staff.

We usually work with children and their families and other professionals to help us understand the situation and ensure a coordinated approach to change.

Where required, Educational Psychologists will use an interpreter. The service aims to meet with parents / carers and children or young people in whatever setting is most convenient and accessible.

More information in our leaflet.

On our Wiki website.

Advice for Parents

Who to contact

Contact Name
For further information please contact our office manager
Advice for Parents

Where to go

Schools and Community Psychology Service
Town Hall
Wandsworth High Street
SW18 2PU
Get directions


Referral required
Referral Details

If you have a concern about at child or young person or you are a child or young person and you have a concern, we advise you approach a teacher or other professional known to you.

To use the service a professional such as a Special Needs Coordinator (SENCo), health worker or social worker needs to make a referral. This is usually done with a parent / carer or young person, through the completion of an Early Help Assessment (EHA) form.  This collects information about the concerns, strengths and the child or young person's needs.

Other notes

Complaints, concerns or compliments: Initially these should be addressed to the Educational Psychologist involved. In the case of any complaints that cannot be resolved in this way, these should be directed to the Head of Schools and Community Psychology Service.

Local Offer


What is Wandsworth’s Local Offer ?

To use this service you need to be:

  • Referred by your Special Educational Needs Co-Ordinator (SENCO), or
  • Referred by your social worker, or
  • Referred by a health worker, or
  • Referred by another professional using an Early Help Assessment

How to complain, compliment or feedback about this service, activity or provider.

Last updated: 07 May 2019

Is this information correct?