Smallwood Children's Centre
Updated: 27th August 2020
Children’s Centres in Wandsworth are slowly re-opening following guidance in relation to Coronavirus (COVID-19). At the moment we are offering a limited number of sessions which are currently by invitation only, due to social distancing restrictions. We hope to increase capacity if restrictions are lifted further.
We are currently unable to provide any drop-in or walk-in sessions and the Health Visiting Team are not able to deliver any health clinics in children’s centres at the moment. However the Health Visiting Team are offering some services, so if you have need to speak to your Health Visitor then please contact the central number - 0333 300 2350 (lines are manned Monday to Friday from 8am to 8pm and Saturday, Sunday and Bank Holidays from 8am to 5pm)
Please complete a registration form if you have not done so already and continue to check this site regularly for updated information.
The Children’s Centre is for all parents and carers of children under the age of 5. You will find a welcoming space where you and your child can have fun and learn.
The benefits of attending a Children’s Centre include:
- you can make friends;
- you can learn to play creatively with your child
- doing things with your child can bring you closer
- you can improve your parenting skills
- training courses can help you back into the world of work
- you can have fun knowing that your child is nearby and being properly cared for
- some run groups for parents of special needs children or for young parents; and
- you can get support with family problems
To use the centre you can simply drop in, though some activities may require booking. The activities are free and list of activities taking place at the Children’s Centre can be found below. Please note that the centre is closed for lunch between 12:30 and 1:00pm.
To register with a Children's Centre please fill in the registration form under 'Downloads' and return it to the Children's Centre.
The Senior Early Years Practitioner is Sasha Sagoe, but please direct all general enquiries to Amanda Gurbarran on the details below.
Who to contact
- 020 8871 8866
Where to go
- Smallwood Children's Centre (Based in Smallwood Primary School)
- SW17 0TW
- Get directions
Buses: 44, 77 and 270 Underground: Tooting Broadway
Time / Date Details
- When is it on
- Monday - Friday: 9:30am - 4:00pm (closed 12:30 - 1:00pm for lunch)
To use the Children's Centre you can drop in, though some activities may require booking. The activities are free.
Last updated: 27 Aug 2020