Audiology and Audiovestibular Medicine, St George's Hospital
The audiology and audiovestibular medicine team deals with the diagnosis and management of hearing (auditory) and balance (vestibular) disorders.
This service is for people of all ages with hearing and balance disorders.
The department provides a full range of state of the art diagnostic auditory and electrophysiological services supporting its various clinical activities. It also offers extensive rehabilitation options including a range of amplification solutions, hearing therapy and vestibular physiotherapy.
The team consists of doctors, audiologists, a vestibular scientist, medical physicists, hearing therapists and physiotherapists working within a multidisciplinary environment. Services are provided at St George’s Hospital, St John's Therapy Centre, and Tooting Health Centre, as well as at nursing homes, schools and health centres in the borough of Wandsworth.
The following services are offered:
- Adult Hearing and Hearing Aid Service
- Paediatric Hearing and Hearing Aid Service – St George’s Hospital
- Vestibular (Balance and Dizziness) Service
- Tinnitus and Hyperacusis Service
- Hearing Therapy Service
- Implantable Devices
Services are offered at:
- St George's Hospital, Blackshaw Road, SW17 0QT
- St John's Therapy Centre, 162 St John's Hill, SW11 1SW (adult hearing aid work)
- Tooting Health Centre, 63 Bevill Allen Close, SW17 8PX
- Trevelyan House, 1st Floor, 160 Tooting High Street, SW17 0RT
Who to contact
Where to go
- Trevelyan House, 1st Floor
160, Tooting High Street
- SW17 0RT
- Get directions
- Age Ranges
- All ages
- Referral required
- Referral Details
Access to this service would normally be via a GP referral.
Professionals working with families in Wandsworth can make a referral using an Early Help Assessment via EHITS.
To use this service you need to be:
- Referred by your doctor/consultant or other health practitioner, or
- Referred by a professional using the Early Help Assessment
Last updated: 04 Aug 2020