Early Years Education Advisory and Inclusion Service
This service, provided by Wandsworth Council, is for Wandsworth’s private, voluntary and independent sector early years providers, which are registered with either Ofsted or a childminder agency. These providers, which include day care nurseries, pre-school playgroups, and childminders offer services to children from 0-5 years old.
The service offers:
- advice and guidance to early years providers on the development of inclusive early learning environments to support Special Educational Needs Co-Ordinators (SENCOs) to meet individual children’s needs effectively.
- support SENCOs to make the links between education, health and social care to facilitate appropriate early provision for children with Special Educational Needs (SEN) and their transition to compulsory schooling.
- advice and practical support to early years providers about approaches to identification, assessment and intervention within the SEN Code of Practice
- support for setting-based SENCOs in ensuring arrangements are in place to support children with Special Educational Needs.
The service also aims to:
- strengthen the links between the settings, parents, schools, social care and health services through support to SENCOs
- develop and disseminate good practice supporting the development and delivery of training both for individual settings and on a wider basis
- support SENCOs to inform parents of, and work with, local impartial information, advice and support services, to promote effective work with parents of children in the early years
- support SENCOs to plan for children with SEN to transfer between early years provision and schools.
The service ensures that all providers delivering funded early education places meet the needs of children with SEN and disabilities.
Who to contact
Where to go
- Early Years Centre
1 Siward Road
- SW17 0LA
- Get directions
- Free for all Wandsworth Early Years settings
- Age Ranges
- 0 - 5 years
- Other notes
- Complaints: Initially, complaints and compliments can be addressed to the team leader, Clare Burke. In the case of any complaints that cannot be resolved in this way, these should be directed to Susan Reid, Deputy Head of the Early Years and Intervention Support Service, 020 8871 8789 email@example.com
To use this service you need to be:
- a private, voluntary or independent sector early years provider in Wandsworth