Yvonne Carr Children's Centre
Children’s Centres provide welcoming space where you and your child can have fun and learn.
For dads, mums and carers with children aged 0 - 3.5 years.
The benefits of attending a Children’s Centre include:
- making friends;
- learning to play creatively with your child;
- doing things with your child to bring you closer;
- improving your parenting skills;
- training courses to help you back into the world of work;
- having fun knowing that your child is nearby and being properly cared for;
- running groups for parents of special needs children or for young parents;
- getting support with family problems; and
- baby massages.
To use the centre you can drop in though some activities may require booking. Some activities are by invitation only. The activities are free.
The Battersea Locality Team is based at Yvonne Carr Children's Centre.
How to register:
To access services being offered at your local Children's Centre, you will need to register your family details. You can do this by either completing the online Family Registration Form (below) or by completing a paper Family Registration Form at your local Children's Centre.
A Warmer Welcome
An enhanced offer for children and families, delivered from our children’s centres.
During the Cost of Living Crisis, Wandsworth Council are offering Warm Spaces.
These are local places where families and their children (0-5) can come for free. The buildings offer a warm, safe, welcoming place, with hot drinks, food and a range of activities to support families.
Monday - Friday: 9am - 5pm
Who to contact
- 020 8871 8585
Where to go
- Yvonne Carr Children's Centre
2, Thessaly Road
- SW8 4HT
- Get directions
Buses: 77, 85, 196, 452 and P5 Underground: Stockwell and Vauxhall.
Overground: Wandsworth Road and Vauxhall.
To use the Children's Centre you can drop in, though some activities may require booking. The activities are free.
Last updated: 10 Jan 2023